- A YZ-bred advanced aluminum frame - carefully engineered from castings, forgings and extrusions—enhances handling while retaining legendary Yamaha feel and characteristics.
- Highly evolved five-titanium-valved engine starts with the push of a button.
- Highly functional digital enduro computer offers speedometer, clock, tripmeter, etc., in basic mode—or pace management functions such as timer, distance-compensating tripmeter, average speed, etc., when switched to race mode.
- The WR450F is green sticker approved for California.
- 449cc liquid-cooled DOHC four-stroke with five titanium valves delivers more broad power than ever, with high over-rev capacity and crisp, linear throttle response.
- Fuel injection system delivers quick throttle response and smooth power delivery at nearly all altitudes and temperatures.
- Dry-sump lubrication system carries the oil reservoir inside the engine cases, for excellent mass centralization and simplified plumbing.
- Digital TCI ignition system delivers precise spark and monitors engine speed to provide optimal timing for fast, strong response during hard acceleration.
- Large-capacity radiators with reinforcements provide maximum cooling efficiency with great strength.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission uses strengthened gears and YZ450F-spec multiplate clutch—good for quick-hitting power in the woods, as well as eye-opening top-end power.
- Lightweight exhaust system maximizes engine power.
- Aluminum muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor looks trick and keeps things light.
- Works-style clutch lever features oversize barrel adjuster for easy, on-the-fly adjustability of lever/cable play.
- Electric start provides easy restarts.
- YZ250F-inspired frame makes for a compact size while optimizing mass centralization. With its extensively tested assembly of aluminum forgings and extrusions, the WR frame retains legendary Yamaha handling and response.
- Compact YZ250F-based chassis provides a lightweight feeling with plush suspension performance for the most demanding rider.
- Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tube.
- Fully adjustable YZ-based KYB® air/oil-separate 48mm cartridge-type fork delivers precise, fade-free handling; fork protectors provide excellent tube protection.
- The KYB® shock provides 11.6 inches of travel with adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, rebound and spring preload—and features a large piggyback reservoir for excellent damping and fade resistance.
- Wave-style brake discs reduce unsprung weight and provide excellent performance. Front and rear calipers with aluminum pistons deliver strong stopping power with progressive feel.
- Lightweight 21-inch front and 18-inch rear Excel® rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
- Repackable aluminum muffler shaves weight.
- Premium Dunlop® knobbies offer unbeatable, competition-spec traction and excellent wear.
- Cool YZ-derived bodywork and a thick seat look great and feel excellent on long rides. Tapered aluminum handlebar in forged triple clamp for light weight and great comfort.
- All this, including: tool-less access air box, Excel® rims, 18” rear wheel, tapered aluminum handlebars, wave-type brake rotors, electric start, on-the-fly clutch adjuster, O-ring chain and aluminum side stand. This machine is ready for tight trails, woods, or desert fun.
- Slim-design lightweight fuel tank holds 2.1 gallons.
- One-piece, high-strength, plastic skidplate shaves weight and offers great protection.
- Adjustable front brake lever.
- Ultra-wide footpegs for more comfort.
- Repackable aluminum muffler shaves weight.
- Wheel collars make wheel removal quick and easy.
- Engine Type: 449cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 5 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 95.0mm x 63.4mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.3:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel Injection
- Ignition: TCI
- Transmission: Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain Drive
- Suspension / Front: Inverted fork; fully adjustable; 11.8-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock; fully adjustable, 11.6-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic single disc brake
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic single disc brake
- Tires / Front: 80/100-21M
- Tires / Rear: 120/90-18M
- Length: 85.0 in
- Width: 32.5 in
- Height: 50.2 in
- Seat Height: 37.8 in
- Wheelbase: 57.7 in
- Ground Clearance: 13.2 in
- Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gal
- Wet Weight***: 273 lb
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)