When the job calls for some serious traction amid some seriously bad terrain, the Mule™ 4010 4x4 answers with its brawny 4-wheel drive. The Mule 4010 4x4 offers a dizzying array of features, including a full-sized chassis, selectable four-wheel drive system, reliable digital fuel injection, electric power steering (EPS) system, fully automatic transmission, locking rear differential, a tilting cargo bed and much more.
At A Glance...
- Powerful and torquey digital fuel injected V-twin engine
- Modern styling and low operating costs
- User friendly dashboard and controls
- Electric power steering system (EPS)
- Four-wheel drive
Liquid Cooled, V-Twin Engine
- Four-stroke, 617cc industrial V-twin engine produces exceptional torque at low engine speeds
- Modern four-stroke design with overhead valves for efficient running and good fuel economy
- Large-capacity radiator and fan maintain consistent engine temperatures, even in hot climates
- Rubber engine mounts minimize vibration, noise and wear to maximize operation comfort and diminish fatigue
Digital Fuel Injection
- Computer-controlled fuel injection system automatically compensates for atmospheric pressure, air and engine temperature for easy, prompt engine starting under a variety of conditions
- Automatic fast idle speed control eliminates the need for a choke, allowing the operator to drive off immediately after a cold engine start
- Throttle bodies feature sub-throttle valves for optimum performance and drivability. The sub-throttles are located behind the main throttle valves and are controlled by the ECU for smooth throttle response
- Automatic digital ignition system helps ensure smooth, efficient operation
- Maximum engine speed is controlled by the ECU, eliminating the need for a mechanical governor
- Offers easy engine operation and reduced maintenance requirements
Cab Frame Air Intake
- Draws engine air and converter cooling air from the top of the cab frame where there is less dust, so the air filter stays cleaner longer
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
- DFI® precision reduces fuel consumption and cuts exhaust emissions
- Positive crankcase ventilation system sends blow-by gases to the intake tract to be burned in the engine -Muffler features a U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS)
- Fully automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT) features forward high/low and reverse, and helps keep the engine in the right operating rpm for a variety of vehicle speeds, loads or terrain
- The CVT has a wide spread of drive ratios for quick acceleration and ample pulling power
- An open-sided drive pulley cools better for longer belt life
- Offers adjustable belt deflection
Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- The EPS system reduces steering effort, especially at low speeds when turning effort is greatest
- The electric motor's inertia significantly reduces bump steer and kickback to the steering wheel caused by shocks to the wheels for a more comfortable and controlled ride
- Input from vehicle speed and torque sensors determine the amount of steering assistance required from the system's motor
- No power steering pump, so there is no power loss from the engine
- EPS only operates when the engine is running to keep from draining the battery
Four-Wheel Drive With Two-Speed Transfer Case
- Selectable four-wheel drive gives the operator traction options
- Shift to four-wheel drive and low range for maximum traction in adverse conditions, or select two-wheel drive and high range to cut gear wear and increase fuel economy
Dual Mode Differential
- Dual-mode rear differential can be locked for extra pulling power and maximum traction, or unlocked when traversing delicate terrain
Independent Strut-Type Front Suspension
- MacPherson strut long-travel front suspension provide a comfortable ride and excellent load-carrying capability
- Stiffer springs prevent bottoming and increase ground clearance
DeDion Rear Suspension
- Overload-style leaf springs can handle heavy loads, yet provide a smooth ride when the cargo box is empty
- Semi-independent action
Four-Wheel, Self-Adjusting Sealed Hydraulic Drum Brakes
- Four wheel brakes are self-adjusting and feature extra sealing for protection against mud, dust and debris
- The brake drums have an added flange and seal to keep out mud and water
- Low maintenance and powerful
Wheels and Tires
- 23-inch tires with stiff sidewalls improve the ride and add ground clearance
- Rear wheel bearings use two rollers in one large bearing for added durability
- Wheel bearing seals on all four wheels have three lips for better protection
Front Hood With Storage Tub
- Deeper under hood storage tub holds cargo out of sight
- Offers quick, easy access with a push-button latch
- Includes four D-rings for securing loads
Tilting Cargo Bed
- Steel cargo bed can carry up to 800 pounds and tilts for quick unloading
- Thick tailgate panel and secure latching tailgate locking pins reduce vibration and noise, and add durability
Rugged and Capable
- Bodywork is a rugged, modern design with truck-like styling
- Can tow up to 1,200 pounds with optional Kawasaki Accessory draw bar
- Meets Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, and also meets FMVSS 216 roof crush resistance requirement
- Bench seat can carry up to three
- Durable chassis includes winch-ready mounts to simplify winch installation
- The oil dipstick and filler tube are accessed under the seat
- Cyclone-type engine air cleaner has meter to indicate when to replace the filter
- An automotive-style fuse box is convenient and uses blade-type fuses
- The 2WD / 4WD lever is mounted on the dash for easy access
- Parking brake and coolant temperature warning lights are easy to see
- Dashboard has dual glove boxes and cupholders for both the driver and passenger
- A horn and 12V DC outlet with 10-amp capacity are featured
- Shift lever with Y-gate pattern eliminates need for High-Low switch lever
- Push-button headlight switch activates 35-watt cat-eye headlights
- Standard equipment hour meter
Popular Accessory Items
- Soft or Hard Top
- Enclosed Cab
- Cab Heater
- Snow Plow
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, overhead valve V-twin
- Displacement: 617cc
- Bore x Stroke: 76 x 68mm
- Compression ratio: 10.3:1
- Fuel System: Digital Fuel Injection
- Air filter: Snorkel-type with cyclone-type two-stage dry replaceable element
- Oil filter: Automotive-type spin-on canister
- Ignition: Digital electronic
- Electrical: 12V DC, 18 amp-hour battery, alternator
- Transmission: Continuously variable transmission (CVT) with high and low range, forward, and reverse, 2WD/4WD
- Final drive: Shaft, selectable four-wheel drive with dual-model differential
- Exhaust: Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor
- Tires: 23x11-10 tubeless
- Front suspension / wheel travel: Independent, MacPherson strut / 3.9 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Semi-independent, De Dion axle with leaf springs and shocks / 2.8 in.
- Steering: Electric power assisted rack-and-pinion
- Brakes: Four-wheel hydraulic drums, sealed
- Fuel capacity: 6.2 gal.
- Curb weight: 1,408 lbs.
- Overall length: 118.3 in.
- Overall height: 75.8 in.
- Overall width: 62.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 73.6 in.
- Ground clearance: 6.9 in.
- Roll over protective structure (ROPS): This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5. This structure also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement
- Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH): 46.3 x 51.6 x 11.3 /15.6 cu. Ft.
- Load capacity: 1,330 lbs.
- Cargo Bed Capacity: 800 lbs.
- Towing capacity: 1,200 lbs.
- Turning radius: 11.2 ft.
- Top speed: 25 mph, governed
- Lighting: (2) 30-watt sealed-beam headlights, (2) 5/21-watt taillight/stoplight
- Instruments: Parking brake warning light, coolant temperature warning light, horn, 12V DC outlet
- Color Choices: Dark Royal Red, Woodsman Green
- Warranty: 12 Months
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12 or 24 months