Liquid-Cooled, Two-Stroke, Single-Cylinder 84cc Engine
- Lightweight Electrofusion-coated cylinder improves heat transfer while resisting abrasion and seizure
- Bridges between intake and exhaust ports are machine finished for less wear and improved reliability
- Liquid-cooling means even-running temperatures and consistent power output
- Rotor comes with rare-earth magnets – the unitized piece is small, light and more efficient with low inertial moment to improve low-rpm response
- Connecting rod big-end bearing has more rigid cage for improved durability
- Intake port shape and cylinder skirt allow cooling air into the crankcase chamber
- Primary gear is secured using a lock-nut to help reduce mechanical noise
- Metafoam gaskets for the generator and water pump covers improve sealing
Kawasaki Integrated Power Valve System (KIPS®)
- KIPS system varies exhaust-port height for increased horsepower and torque at all rpm
- Produces a broad powerband with more low-end torque and mid-range, while retaining excellent top-end power
- Breather in KIPS cover improves high-rpm and overrun performance
- Large right-side cutout improves airflow for increased power
- Reusable foam air filter
28MM Keihn PWK Carburetor
- Large crescent slide positions the needle closer to intake ports for ideal fuel atomization, providing quicker throttle response and a smoother power delivery
- Carburetor adjustable for various condition
- Thick base clutch hub rides on needle bearings for smooth action
- Large clutch plates are 119mm in diameter for durability and control
- Clutch-release lever ratio is designed for light clutch lever action
- Clutch plate service cover simplifies maintenance and utilizes a metal-carbon composite gasket
- Features large-diameter O-ring and groove on exhaust pipe for improved durability and easy installation
- Aluminum silencer is re-packable like larger KX models
- Positive shifting action and rugged durability
- Fifth and sixth gears on the input shaft ride on bushings for added reliability
- Shift forks are hard chrome finished to resist wear and seizing
- Convenient oil level window
- Bushings on the second, third and fourth gears on the output shaft increase durability
High-Tensile Steel Perimeter Frame
- Wide footpegs for better control, made of cast steel for strength
- Thick footpeg mounting brackets withstand today's rigorous tracks
- Engine and chassis bolts have rust-resistant coating
- Gas tank design lowers center of gravity for improved handling
Uni-Trak® Rear Suspension
- The swingarm uses large cross-section beams for improved rigidity and control
- Cast-aluminum drive chain adjuster sections for easy chain adjustments
- Shock is fully adjustable for compression and rebound damping and spring preload
36MM Inverted Cartridge Fork
- Inverted forks are rigid, providing better steering response and control
- Compression damping is 18-way adjustable
- Aluminum upper fork tubes measure 49.5mm in diameter for flex-free performance
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
- Front brake lever shape offers better feel
- Forged-aluminum rear brake pedal is strong, lightweight and features two seals at the pivot for smooth operation and increased durability
- Strong braking power is achieved with minimal effort
Front and Rear Wheels
- New black coated, lightweight aluminum rims offer a factory look
- Rear hub features two wheel bearings on the drive side of the hub for durability
- Large rear-axle diameter for optimum rigidity
- Aggressive Kawasaki lime green and black graphics complement the black frame
- Black colored lightweight aluminum wheels
- Engine: Two-stroke single with KIPS®
- Displacement: 84cc
- Bore x stroke: 48.5 x 45.8mm
- Cooling: Liquid
- Carburetion: Keihin PWK28
- Induction: Crankcase reed valve
- Compression ratio: 10.0:1 (low speed) – 9.2:1 (high speed)
- Ignition: Digital CDI
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final drive: Chain
- Frame: High-tensile steel perimeter design with subframe member
- Rake / trail: 27 degrees / 3.5 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 36mm inverted telescopic cartridge fork with 18-way compression damping / 10.8 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK® single-shock system with 4-way compression and 16-way rebound damping, plus adjustable spring preload / 10.8 in.
- Front tire: 70/100x17
- Rear tire: 90/100x14
- Front brake / rear brake: Hydraulic disc / Disc
- Overall length: 71.7 in.
- Overall width: 28.9 in.
- Overall height: 41.5 in.
- Ground clearance: 13.4 in.
- Seat height: 33.1 in.
- Curb weight: 152.1 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 1.5 gal.
- Wheelbase: 49.4 in.
- Color: Lime Green/Ebony
- Model Year: 2010