The yardstick of rugged, off-road utility ability.
One of the first compact class utility vehicles to provide a driver with selectable four-wheel drive, the Kawasaki Mule™ 610 4x4 expands upon the foundation of the Mule™ 600 utility vehicle. It is a truly versatile, go-anywhere worker—whether in the back of a full-size pickup truck or utilizing its rugged 4x4 off-road capability—able to haul people and equipment to almost any worksite. It offers an incredible bang for the buck at a lower price than many ATVs.
At the heart of the Mule 610 4x4 is a single-cylinder engine coupled to a continuously variable transmission (CVT). The model also features a dual-mode rear differential, independent front suspension, swing-frame rear suspension and sealed hydraulic drum brakes.
A spacious cab, curved body panels and a large-diameter steel tube frame structure—that meets ROPS requirements—present a clean, modern look, with automotive-type controls and the gear selector that are within easy reach on the Mule 610 4x4 dashboard. Comfort features include two large cup holders, a passenger-side glove box and grab handle, and more storage space located beneath the hood.
The Mule 610 4x4 utilizes a durable air-cooled, single-cylinder 401cc four-stroke engine with a cooling fan to help maintain an ideal operating temperature. For 2009, the flap in the rear left tire housing was widened slightly to minimize mud entering the engine area. Equally important, the sturdy engine can be started in any gear, provided the brakes are applied, and starting is easy thanks to an enrichening system that partially opens the throttle during starting.
The Mule 610 4x4 utility vehicle transfers its power through the CVT, which features durable materials and a long-lasting drive belt to best deliver the engine's power and get it out of a slippery situation. Another enticing aspect of the Mule 610 4x4 is the selectable four-wheel drive that makes this vehicle virtually unstoppable thanks to the high and low range forward and reverse gears. A dependable, low-maintenance shaft drive, lockable dual-mode rear differential and a limited-slip front differential expand its traction abilities in adverse terrain.
The Mule 610 4x4 rides on MacPherson strut front suspension, while rear suspension duties are handled by a unit swing-axle. Triple-sealed hydraulic drum brakes at all four wheels provide ample stopping power, and large 24-inch tires provide improved off-road handling. A plastic front differential/axle guard and steel rear differential guard are standard, helping to protect important powertrain components.
Increasing its work versatility more are the bright 35w headlights and the 400-pound capacity tilting cargo bed, which features tailgate latches that are easy to fasten quickly and securely. The Mule 610 4x4 can tow up to 1,100 pounds with an optional Kawasaki draw bar. Popular accessories include an enclosed cab, snow plow, winch, and soft or hard tops. These and many other Authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through Kawasaki dealers.
Fan-Cooled, Single-Cylinder Engine
- Simple, lightweight, durable, and quiet 401cc four-stroke engine
- Modern 4-stroke overhead valve design for efficient running and good fuel economy
- Fan cooling helps the engine maintain an ideal operating temperature
- Choke opens throttle during starting so accelerator pedal does not need to be depressed
- Can be started in gear by stepping on brake pedal
Gear Driven Engine Balancer
- Balanced weight opposite the piston cuts vibration dramatically and minimizes noise and wear
- Maximizes operator comfort, and diminishes fatigue
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
- Carburetor settings cut exhaust emissions
- Positive crankcase ventilation system recycles blow-by gasses to the intake tract to be burned in the engine
- Muffler has USFS-approved spark arrestor
- California models have a check valve on the fuel tank to charcoal canister connector hose for preventing gasoline from entering the canister when operating on inclines or over rough terrain
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS)
- Simple and lightweight CVT is fully automatic and keeps engine speed in most efficient range for any selected="true"="true"="true"="true"="true"="true" vehicle speed, load, or terrain
- Fully Automatic Transmission With Selectable 2- or 4-Wheel Drive
- An open-sided drive pulley cools better for longer belt life.
- Belt deflection can easily be adjusted by changing shim thickness of the adjuster bolt located on the outside of the driven converter
- Cooling air flows in from a vent in the cab frame through a special air filter, which keeps out water and dust for increased belt life
- Long wearing double cog CVT belt
- Locked mode for maximum traction in difficult conditions
- Unlocked mode decreases turning radius and minimizes ground disturbance - great for use on grass.
Rack and Pinion Steering
- Rack-and-pinion steering helps to keep steering light and accurate, which makes maneuvering in tight working quarters a snap
- Durable, simple and easy to maintain
MacPherson Strut Independent Front Suspension
- Comfortable ride and excellent load-carrying capability
- Simple, rugged single A-arm design offers tight turning radius for extra maneuverability
Unit Swingarm Rear Suspension
- Unique design places engine and rear wheels on a sub-frame with a mid-point pivot
- Isolates vibration
- Can handle heavy loads, yet provides comfortable ride with an empty cargo bed
- New tread pattern on the large 24-inch tires improve off-road traction, ride quality and reduce tire wear
- Self-Adjusting, Hydraulic drum brakes at all four wheels provide ample stopping power
- Front grille includes space for mounting a 3000-pound capacity winch
- Compact, lightweight, and easy to transport to the job, easily fitting in the bed of a full-sized pickup
- Bench seat is spacious and comfortable for two
- Durable plastic body panels resist dents and color is molded in for long lasting good looks
- Meets federal Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, and also meets FMVSS 216 roof crush resistance requirement
- Two Seat Belts
- Speed limited to 25 mph
- Large storage tub under the hood with four D-rings to secure the load
- Passenger side glove box
- Cup holders located at each side of the front hood by the dash
Tilting Cargo Bed
- Steel cargo bed can carry up to 400 pounds and tilts for quick unloading
- Thick tailgate panel and secure latching tailgate locking pins reduce vibration and noise, and adds durability
- Crankcase oil level dipstick
- Dual element air cleaner
- CVT cover has a convenient drain plug
- Automotive style dash designed for ease of use with easy reach controls
- Standard equipment hour meter makes maintenance intervals easy to track
- Fuel gauge
- Oil temperature warning light
- Gear selector for HI, Low, Neutral, and Reverse
- Differential locking lever
- Convenient parking brake
- Headlight switch for powerful and stylish 35w headlights
Popular Accessory Items
- Soft or Hard Top
- Enclosed Cab
- Snow Plow
- Engine: Four-stroke, air-cooled single
- Displacement: 401cc
- Bore x stroke: 82 x 76mm
- Compression ratio: 8.6:1
- Carburetor: Nikki 6C1026
- Air filter: Snorkel-type with two-stage dry replaceable element
- Oil filter: Automotive-type spin-on canister
- Ignition: Magneto and transistor
- Electrical: 12V DC, 14 amp-hour battery, alternator
- Transmission: Continuously variable transmission with high and low range, plus reverse
- Final drive: Shaft-driven selectable four-wheel drive, dual-mode rear differential
- Exhaust: Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor
- Front tires: 24x9-10 tubeless
- Rear tires: 24x11-10 tubeless
- Front suspension / wheel travel: MacPherson strut / 3.1 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Unit swing axle / 3.1 in.
- Steering: Rack and pinion
- Brakes: Four-wheel hydraulic drums, triple sealed
- Fuel capacity: 4.1 gal.
- Dry weight: 1,010 lbs.
- Overall length: 107.1 in.
- Overall width: 52.6 in.
- Overall height: 70.9 in.
- Wheelbase: 70.0 in.
- Ground clearance: 6.7 in.
- Roll over protective structure (ROPS): This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5. This structure also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement
- Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH): 41.1 x 35.4 x 9.6 in. / 10.9 cu. ft.
- Load capacity: 926 lbs.
- Cargo bed capacity: 400 lbs.
- Towing capacity: 1,100 lbs.
- Turning radius: 10.8 ft.
- Top speed: 25 mph, governed
- Instruments:Oil temperature meter, hour meter, 35w headlights, taillight and stoplight
- Color choices: Woodsman Green, Dark Royal Red
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12 or 24 months
- Warranty: 12 Months